US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues have been created to provide a national competitive developmental platform:
- focused on long-term player development;
- for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios;
- that allows players to be scouted and evaluated by U.S. Soccer National Staff and Technical Advisors;that is designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs;
- using international rules of competition;
- that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Champions Cup.
The NPL is an important component of US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision to refine the landscape for competitive youth soccer. This vision recognizes that:
- properly-structured youth soccer clubs are the vehicle through which player development does and must occur in the United States.
- clubs should play in leagues that provide meaningful games, allow establishment of the proper training-to-game ratio, and eliminate calendar congestion.
National Premier Leagues, as well as the best clubs, should be integrated in US Club Soccer’s id2 National Identification and Development Program, include Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and work closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development.
All players interested in joining a Parsippany SC team to participate should contact: Stan Lembryk, Director of Coaching @ firstname.lastname@example.org .